Tuesday, August 5, 2014

I HAVE GOT SOME SECRET SUPERPOWERS!

Guess what!

I want to tell you a secret! I have superduperpowers that I want to share with you! It's called Eleventh Hour Spells and tonight I used REPLICATE!!!!!!!!!
yellow emboss ink on white layer, sky blue fabric

red and yellow emboss ink on white layer, light blue fabric


As I am getting a high out of screen-printing, and also getting excited about LASALLE school term starting the following week (just came home from 2 general meetings with all staff from Fine Arts and FCVA faculties), I also wondered about my documentation on this blog.. It hasn't been as consistent, as you can see from how much backlog I have yet to share here. Sadly, I have also slowed down on snail mailing...

Most of it had been consumed by the activities at Mi Casa Su Casa (you can find out more by clicking on the link), and more eventful sessions at my paid job (yes there is a site managed by me over there) that I had a fainting encounter (collapsed / 'peng!') and fear that on top of it, my aching knee is caused by these words that begin with the letter 'O' - overwork, overwhelm and overload ... Seems my brain/physical capacity has reached its limit.

Don't be deceived by 'lively' pictures posted on facebook, for that is not reflective of reality (OMG is this news to you???).

The term 'eleventh hour spells' has been used to describe my practice. That's because I'm known for being able to work magic under pressure, and I work till the end, often past midnight and without sleep.  I am not proud of it, and I am starting to feel the side effects from all of this; I am experiencing lots of change.

I have started to slow down my pace (never knew it was that fast...ZOOOOOOM) ever since I decided that one year of projects was good enough to conclude Mi Casa Su Casa in December (a dear friend made me sign a contract with him to ensure April would be the last project), so that I could carry on with my life. I have also met someone who taught me the art of doing 'nothing', and that it is more than okay not to be fiddling around with my laptop and meddling with helping others. Hands down, BURNT OUT.

Please don't attempt to try to convince me into group exhibitions, telling me I need exposure (my advise is to go approach those in  your face fame hungry person(s)) even after I told you I can't commit, or that I should get my Masters so I can teach full time. I'll let you know when I am ready, you don't decide that for me. It can be quite unbearable because firstly you don't know me, you don't even try to understand, and it is sometimes very hard for me to turn you down, because my weakness is that I can care too much about others more than myself. I don't need the extra pay (although it can be quite useful), nor do I need the exposure (cos I am not competitive and I work(do art) only for myself).

All I want is time to myself, time for self development.
Be prepared for rejections and turn downs to dinner/lunch/tea/weddings/anyformofcelebrations, or, I get to choose which dinner/lunch/tea/weddings/anyformofcelebrations I am interested in attending, because I am exercising my right to choose, claiming back my space and time.

Thank you ( even if you cannot relate / cannot understand )

Great, I have just f***ed up this layer, but I don't care! ;)


(migrating to another platform to share future eleventh hour spells cos it will be more manageable there)

Please check out some sketchbook scans made in June-July here



No comments:

Post a Comment