Sunday, November 28, 2010

paper beads made from readymade argali paper

Argali Paper Beads made from readymade argali paper
the one still on the toothpick is stuck, proof that vaseline
is needed to coat the toothpick before making in order
for an easy, gentle release of a finished paper bead!


Made some paper beads on behalf of ash for samples to take to our final meeting at SMU on Tues evening. This will be an alternative method, creating beads from readymade stained argali paper, rather than the previous post on paper pulp argali beads.

The ones I have made are from the scraps from the creation of artworks for The Sustainable Shop exhibition. These beautiful pieces of argali paper had been prestained with plant dye , probably during the process of making the pulp, and the colour don't seem to run unlike felt tip markers.

I really miss making random little trinkets. The last time i made a bunch of these was when I was 12 after PSLE and doing drawings and other recreational stuff. I also remember borrowing the same beadmaking book more than 20 times in 3 years- sometimes i borrow it and let it sit at a corner of my room until it's due without flipping through it, just because I loved it so much!

I actually have some conical purple ones around the house(this reminds me, i should make a conical one with instructions from the back of my mind!)

No comments:

Post a Comment