Wednesday, March 9, 2011

OE: NINE, A CROSSROADS, COMPLETE and UNABRIDGED

opening of NINE, photo by Derrick


I was in LASALLE today to catch NINE, a group exhibition which features the works of my FINE ARTS lecturers.


I also crashed the opening of A Crossroads as well as an ongoing exhibition, Complete & Unabridged Part 1, all on LASALLE campus grounds (which I must say, was very convenient).


Here are some featured artworks that I captured. (There are so many, but I must only place a few. )


Beeswax on Magazine, mounted, in NINE
by Jeremy Sharma

I love the texture created, masking what's beneath, giving the artwork an air of mystery



LOVE HOTEL in NINE
by Adeline Kueh (as Lulu)

I love the set up of Adeline's installation. It is viewer friendly, and definitely very engaging.
So are all the other artworks shown in the exhibitions I happened to attend today,
making me feeling happy and slightly tipsy on good art : )



View upon entering Complete & Unabridged exhibition.
This exhibition contains large LARGE works!

I entered this exhibition while waiting for the performance segment of A Crossroads to begin.


I like how the mundane everyday chopping board is turned into an installation that shines.


Audience interaction with artist, Lynn Lu in her artwork which is part of A Crossroads.


Kata Free Trade Area by Thai artist, Kata Sanghae
Trade a signed watermelon for an item anyone?

This installation was accompanied by a set of wall-mounted letters asking the audience to trade an item worthy enough for a signed watermelon.



I hold great respect for Jogja performance artist, Iwan Wijono while watching him perform. My admiration for him grew after watching a recording of a performance artwork shot in Jogja, which made me twitch, when he did a silent protest, reenacting a scene, and was tied up and dragged across the floor, leaving him with cuts and bruises with huge chunks of skin dangling from his wounds.



more photos in my facebook album

No comments:

Post a Comment