Wednesday, November 10, 2010

It was a good day of screen-printing. I have to thank Emily and Maria for allowing me access to the textiles workshop. If not for their assistance, I would have never been able to produce my own photo-silkscreen, and an opportunity for its prints to emerge on fabric (my first time!!) .


i'm starting to accept that i cannot help the imperfections that turned up during printing. hence, i'm not feeling that stressed at all. : )

the screen had problems again, while coating in the morning, the emulsion was very jelly-like with clumps of thick,hardened portions. had to deal with it.


here's the tiled width , one out of the
full length of 3m of brown polyester i got
the parts that didn't show up/are too
dark was due to the fact the the long
squeegee i usedhas been worn out at
the sides and hence,was unable to evenly
push ink through the screenprint's edge.



anyway, even though i'm disappointed, a positive consolation is that i was able to tile only width wise. also, ive decided to create fabric journals as the final pieces so i'll just use the good parts.


Marrick took baby Pachunkoo home and I'm glad!

No comments:

Post a Comment